Monday, December 29, 2008

I'll be Home for Christmas!

It was really neat to get to go home for Christmas! Last year we were on our honeymoon for Christmas which was totally amazing, but there's nothing like being home! Especially when you're surprising the family! I called Charise, my informant :-), and she got it all worked out for us to come unbeknownst (sp?) to our parents! I loved surprising them. The church was having a Christmas Eve service at my parents house and they were going forever. Dan and I were going to carol 'I'll be Home for Christmas' to them, but decided to call Daddy 1st to find out if they were done with the service yet. When he answered we knew that they were all just visiting and so we started singing over the phone to Daddy and then walked in the house while we were still on the phone singing :-) It was pretty cool! We had a wonderful time of fellowship. It was especially nice 'cause there was nothing else going on. I love coming home for church events, but it does make it harder to just be with family. It was a very precious time even if Daddy and Dan beat Mama and i in Rook :-) I can't remember the last time we had time to play a game when we were home! It was fun!


This is the fort that Dan helped the boys make!
It's on top of the huge snow pile that the plows made and goes
into an 'under ground tunnel' It's pretty cool!


The underground tunnel in the process of being made!


We all met in Mankato for lunch with the Streblows!
It was really fun, and of Course Dan really appreciated
real food :-)


Grandpa must have had quite the secret! :-)


It was Dan's idea to surprise my parents since it wasn't going to work to go to
his parents. It was really fun and it worked to! You should have seen their faces!!!
Thanks Daniel!

This is Mama and I trying to smile good for the camera and
well you can see how well that went :-)


Daddy and Charity!


Justus was so fun! We sang together at the piano! His voice is
maturing so much, it's really neat!


Not sure what they were doing :-)


Same for these two :-)


All of us at Old Country Buffet. (Daddy's taking the pic!)


I am so cool in Uncle Johnathan's sunglasses!


Daddy with his girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures!!!! How wonderful for all of you. And someone else does the dishes. I'm so glad you were able to be together. PRICELESS!!
I have something for you, but it'll have to wait.
See you later.

The Horaks said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Surprising your parents was an awesome idea! Too bad you didn't have a picture of their faces when they saw you, but I think I can imagine what they looked like! ;) I loved seeing all the pictures of the whole family...I miss you all so much! So glad you got to have that time together!

jules said...

SO FUN to see the pictures, christa! i was so happy to see you on wednesday... you look great!:)

Jess said...

i loved looking through all your pictures! looks like u had such a FUNderful christmas! i'm so happy that all worked out and that we got to see u, too! yay! :) love u, chusta!