Thursday, March 27, 2008

Marshmellows in Hot Chocolate



We had a very interesting weekend. Friday and Saturday we were in Des Moines Iowa for an all night youth activity. It was all inner-city kids and a little intimidating. Now you all must know that I am not at all prejudiced or racist, however we did feel like marshmellows in a cup of hot chocolate (as one of our team members said) because we were the only white people there. It was a very eye opening experience. There was 200 kids there and talk about roudy. It made me so thankful for my family and how the Lord blessed me with the Gospel at such a young age. It made me appreciate the education that I have and the training I have to read the Bible exegetically sound. It made me sooo very thankful for all that God has given me and I raise my eyes to the heavens praising God for his goodness to me and awed that he chose me! Dan did a great job challenging them. On Saturday we were only at the one church and so there was only about 20 kids and Dan did an excellent job! (I've sure married an amazing preacher. I'm excited to see where God is going to take my wonderful husband!)




3 comments:

Charity Dawn said...

That would have been an eye - opening experience.

The Horaks said...

What a neat opportunity! I'm glad you guys got to go and be a part of that ministry!

Okay, I just want to say that this is the THIRD time I am going to try to post this comment. For some reason the 'word verification' thing is giving me grief! If this comment appears, you'll know I finally got it to work. Otherwise, I give up! ;)

The Horaks said...

It worked! ;) Haha!