Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nebraska Trip

Dan's spring break and my spring break were two different weeks, however it still worked out for me to go with him on the E3 team's spring tour. We toured through Nebraska and had an incredible time. Our team wasn't complete because Sarah couldn't come which was disappointing because that made me the only girl. However, it was still fun. I wanted to post earlier but my camera was being stupid, as usual!

From left to right, Steve, Jason, Daniel, Me! This was a really cool tank outside of Lincoln. We don't know what it was for it just was really cool so we took a picture. Real original Huh? :-)

Heath and Louis Rippentrop live in Fremont, Nebraska. Heath was one of Dan's groomsmen so it was fun to see them. We went to their house and played on a Wii for the first time. I wasn't to impressed with the Wii, but it was fun to play with them! They took us to a really nice steak house and Dan ended up finishing my steak because it was so huge! I guess I'm just a wimp when it comes to lots of food! It was really good though.


This is the true equation for trouble and complete randominity!

On Tuesday of break we didn't have any meetings scheduled so we went to the famous Omaha Zoo! It was pretty cool. My favorite exhibit was the swamp exhibit! I didn't get a picture of that because it was dark in there, but you felt like you were in Florida, Alligators and all! I love this picture of Daniel.

This is me by the water exhibit. If you look close to the top of the picture there is a penguin. You'll have to use a good amount of your imagination since the penguin swam faster than my flash!

This was the base of a tree in the Amazon forest exhibit! It was massive.

Daniel, Steve, and Steve's family, playing with the Gorilla statues. They were just being themselves!

Dan and the tortoise having a face off!

Daniel and I went to the IMax theater with Jason and watched a movie about the whales and dolphins. There was so much save the whales propaganda but it was neat because of the 3D feature.

This is a cool story. Wednesday night we didn't have a service because we'd done 2 Christian school chapels that day so we went to a random church called Karen St. Baptist Church. After the service the lady that you see in the above picture asked if she could pray with me. I sat down with her and she asked me my name! I accidently said Christa Schofield (not used to my new name yet:-) and she looked shocked. She said, "As in John and Loretta Schofield?" And of course I said yes. It turns out that I have heard about this couple my whole life and yet had never met them. My Grandpa Smith led Mr. Semoraska to the Lord when He was going to be a Catholic Priest. Ever since then they have been close friends with my Grandparents and my parents have kept in close contact with them as well. It was soo neat to be able to meet them and even pray with Mrs. Semoraska. It was so funny. After she found out who I was she said, "When you first walked in the door, I thought you looked an awful lot like Loretta!" (I haven't heard that one before :-) It was so neat because we weren't scheduled to be there according to our plans, but the Lord had it planned. What a neat thing to see the work of the Lord through my Grandparents! Praise God for His great salvation and for the joy of fellowhsip within the body of Christ!

3 comments:

Charity Dawn said...

You and Dan look like you have a really good time traveling together! I'm sure he just loves having his wife along with him.

The Horaks said...

"Randominity"?! Haha, you're funny!

Looks like it was a good trip. It was so neat to hear about the Semoraskas...what a wonderful unexpected blessing! I bet your grandparents will be so excited to hear about that!

Bethany Miller said...

What a cool story! I love that when the Lord does stuff like that!